How To Delete Kik Account Parmanenlty- 2 Easy Ways with Pictures
Kik is an instant messaging and dating app that lets you connect to people from all over the world. Not only can you find people near you to go out with, you can also get in touch with people from afar. Kik is an extremely easy to use app with an incredibly simple and user friendly interface. Kik Messenger does not tie your account to your phone number. So, you can use it even if you don’t want to use your number.
You must try : Kik for PC
Some Facts About Kik Messanger
- Since its inception in October 2010, Kik has managed to gain nearly 250 million users.
- This goes on to tell how massively popular this app is.
- Unfortunately, not all is good with the app, especially the fact that there is a lot of spam coming your way every day.
- At best it is frustrating and at worst it can cause some serious phone performance issues.
Must Download : Top 12 Apps Like Tinder for Android and iOS
How to Delete Kik account (2 Ways)
Why delete the account when you can simply uninstall the app and get rid of the spam? Well, if you are not using the app any longer why leave your personal information to public access? Also, by deleting the account your connections and friends will know you are not using the app any longer and hence they will not wait on your reply.
Here are some simple ways to delete Kik account before you uninstall the app.
How to Delete Kik Account using the app
- Open the Kik app on your device
- Go to Settings
- Tap on the Reset button
- Tap on “Yes” button in the confirmation pop-up.
Thus, your account history and messages will be deleted and you’ll no longer be able to use it. This procedure will close your account for always.
Trending : TCS Ultimatix App Login and Ultimatix Global Help Desk Number
Deactivate Kik account using PC
- Open the URL https://ws.kik.com/deactivate on your computer or laptop.
- Enter your email address. You will be sent the link to deactivate the account.
- Now go to your inbox (Email) and you’ll see a new mail from Kik, like the below one.
Note: Deactivation of the account is the same as ‘deletion’
Also Visit : HotSchedules Login How to Guide
After Deletion or Deactivation of the Kik account
- You will not receive any messages or emails from Kik.
- People will not be able to search you with your username and email address.
- You will no longer appear in the contact list of your friends.
Some Important Tips:
- Before deactivating the Kik account it is best that you clear the cache on your phone
- Clear all the Kik related data before deactivating the account
- Uninstall the Kik app from your phone and delete the APK file as well to free the storage space in case you do not intend to use it again
- If you are not getting the deactivation email from Kik, make sure that you check your spam or junk folder
Don’t miss : The Best White Noise Apps & Sites to Help You Better Sleep & Relax