iMovie is a video editing software by our very own and worldly famous Apple Inc. Imovie was launched with iPhoto, GarageBand and iDVD (discontinued), Is an amazing and innovative addition to of Apple’s iLife suite apps for making and editing videos and movies. iMovie for iOS lets you to edit video on Apple’s iOS products like iPhone, iPad and iPod.
But the PC version of iMovie is unavailable. To make movies in Windows, you have to find an alternative for iMovie. So, let’s find out some of the best alternatives of iMovie for PC.
Must Download :Snapseed For PC
Download iMovie for PC- Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP/Computer
Personal computers nowadays have two main operating systems namely Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows. As iMovie is only available for iOS, we’ll have to search for an alternative for this app if we want to run it on a windows computer. If you were an apple user before and are now using windows for some reasons, let me tell you clearly- You can’t use iMovie for PC unless you follow one of these two steps:
1). Virtualization software are the softwares which are designed to run Mac and thus IMovie (or any other app for that matter) on windows. The most popular apps are – Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion. But, these softwares may burn a hole in your pocket or chances are they’ll make your system slow depending upon its configuration.
2). The second way may sound funny to others but it is a lot more effective and efficient. Why not simply get an iMovie app that works in Windows?
If not iMovie, the apps which are similar to iMovie will also work wonders for you, that too with almost the same user interface and speed.
Eg. Movavi Video Editor, AVS Video Editor, Cyberlink PowerDirector.
How to Download iMovie for MAC, iPhone and iPad?
Download iMovie for Mac here.
Download iMovie for iPhone here.
Download iMovie for iPad here.
Key features of iMovie
• Keyboard shortcuts: iMovie, is currently the smartest video editing software available in the market, reason being, it offers you keyboard shortcuts like moving to next or previous frame, marking end and start points and jumping forward so that you won’t have to go through the whole video clip time and again.
• Movie sharing: In the newest version of iMovie you can share your edited movies directly on social media like facebook and youtube or play them on devices from the Apple Family, i.e. iPod, iPhone, Mac or Apple TV to gain the best experience. This feature is not available on the older versions.
• Green-screen controls: This new feature allows you to soften the effects you add to your videos. This feature was also not available for the older versions, it can be accessed from the ‘overlay tools’ sections but for this feature to work a new clip has to overlap the original one on the timeline.
• Lowered background noise: Newer version also keeps a check on the background noise. Now you won’t have lower down volume of the movie to adjust the audio or nosie, it’ll be done automatically by this new feature.
• People detection: iMovie is now equipped to detect characters or people in a specific movie or video to track and tag them, determine the number and their distance from the camera. However, this feature takes time to complete its task, you’ll have to be patient with it.
Trending : Tinder for PC
iMovie For Windows PC- How it Works
iMovie is a wonderful movie editing application which is quite popular among the masses however there are many people who are still unaware of its complete features, apart from that we also believe that a large number of people who are still a beginner to use apple iMovie for pc requires a tutorial on how to use iMovie on Mac or computers, so here’s presenting to you a simple guide in this video on iMovie tutorial. Enjoy!
Also see : How to install WhatsApp on an iPad ?
Movavi Video Editor – The Closest iMovie for PC (Alternative)
We heartly recommend you to use Movavi Video Editor in place of iMovie, if you want to install a video editing mobile app on a PC. Movavi gives you all features you get on iMovie from importing and capturing to editing and sharing of videos, It’s a complete solution for video editing. It has something for everyone, for beginners it has an easy to use interface and for experts its has all kinds of video effects, transitions, titles and advanced editing options.
Key Features of Movavi Video Editor for Windows
• A very spontaneous interface to organize, edit and share videos anywhere and everywhere.
• Offers effects such as, Matrix, Chroma Key, Split Screen, Denoise and many more, just to improve the quality of the video.
• Adding music or background audio is easier.
• Has dozens of between the frame transitions to choose from
• Provides Storyboard and Timeline views to crop, rotate or join videos in seconds
• Gives you an option to add multiple videos and audios.
• Videos can be made in the form of Slideshows.
• Allows you to Import or export videos in any format
• You can record or repair videos from camera or camcorder, and also digitalize VHS tapes.
Programs like iMovie for Windows
For best results and your personal satisfaction use Movavi Video Editor as it offers every feature of iMovie and is quite similar to it in many ways, or else you have a long list of alternatives to choose from like:
- Corel VideoStudio or
- AVS Video Editor
Free versions of all these softwares are available for download on the internet; you can try anyone you want to before making a decision to buy.
And if you find any more information about iMovie for windows or have any sort of queries regarding this article, feel free to comment in the section below! Thank you!
Must Try : Periscope for PC