If you are looking for an advanced and easy to use video calling app for your Windows PC or laptop you should definitely consider IMO app. IMO is a cross-platform voice and video calling app available on Android, iOS, and Windows mobile and PCs. The app works pretty much the same way as Messenger by Facebook or Google Duo. It also has some features similar to WhatsApp.
However, WhatsApp cannot be used for video calling and thus IMO has an edge over it. It is easy to download, install and use IMO on your Windows PC.
Use IMO for PC without Android Emulator
There are a lot of Android apps which are officially not available on Windows PC. But, with a work around you can use almost all the Android apps on the Windows computers. For that, you will need an Android Emulator, such as BlueStacks.
BlueStacks is the most trustworthy and effective Android emulator that can run all the Android application on PC. But, not all the people find it convenient. First of all, for many people it makes no sense to install the emulator if they intend to use only one or two applications. Secondly, emulators like BlueStacks can affect the performance of your computer.
Must Download : TuTuApp for Android & iOS
This is the reason why we are outlining the method which will allow you to use IMO on your PC without BlueStacks.
Thankfully IMO works on several versions of Windows OS starting from XP. So, if you have a PC with Windows XP, 7, 8, or 10, you can use this app quite easily. Although this app is not yet available for PC officially, downloading and installing it is still pretty easy.
We have many apps for video calling these days. However, IMO is fast becoming very popular. Before installing this app, make sure that you have a Webcam available. IMO doesn’t work without a Webcam as it is a video calling application.
- First of all you will need to download the setup file of IMO from the internet
- There are many websites from which you can download the file. However, before you download, make sure that the site is trustworthy and doesn’t sneak in a malicious program into your computer
- Once the file has downloaded, run it to start the installation process
- Once the app has been installed, launch it and enter your mobile number with the country code
- The app will ask you for a verification code
- The verification code will be sent to your mobile number as a text message.
- Enter the verification code in the app and follow the rest of the setup procedure
- You are now all set to use this app on your Windows PC
Download and Install IMO on PC with BlueStacks
If you need to use many Android applications on your Windows PC or laptop, it would be a great idea to install the BlueStacks Emulator. Here are the steps to install BlueStacks emulator as well as the IMO app.
- Download and install BlueStacks from the official website
- Setup BlueStacks with your Google account
- Click on the search button and type IMO
- The app icon will appear in the search results
- Click and install the app on your PC
- IMO is now ready to use
If you are installing IMO using this method, you will need to run it within the BlueStacks environment; you will not be able to run it separately.
Features of IMO
Here are some of the top features of this incredible app:
- You can make high-quality HD video and audio calls to your family and friends. This app is absolutely free of cost. You don’t need to pay anything to the mobile company. But data charges may incur as applicable
- Not only can you make video calls but you can also share pictures, videos, and audio with anyone you want.
- The interface of the app is very user-friendly. This makes it an incredibly easy to use application. You just need to open the app and you will know what you need to do.
- The app is fast and works even on the weak internet connection.
- There are lots of awesome smileys and stickers available.
Must Try : Droid4x Offline Installer For Windows